Flood Recovery

Untitled design (6)

Disaster Recovery Funding

If you live in Kneehill County, and your home, business or property was damaged by overland floodMunicipalAffairs_DisasterRecovery_PrintAd_Kneehill_V1 Opens in new windowing in 2018, you may be eligible to receive Disaster Recovery Program (DRP) funding from the Government of Alberta. The DRP provides funding for uninsurable property damage, loss or other expenses incurred as a result of a natural disaster.

Go to aema.alberta.ca/disaster-recovery-programs to download and submit your application form, and to find the most up to date guidelines. Deadline to apply is January 2, 2019.  

For more information, call 1-888-671-1111 or email drp.info@gov.ab.ca.  

Thank you to our volunteers and community members who continue to come together in Flood Recovery!

Drinking Water Sample Submission

Residents using their own water supply, (private well) can collect samples for testing their drinking water. Follow the instructions below:

(Note: This is for private wells only. Sampling and testing of Kneehill County distributed water is conducted by Kneehill County staff. Contact 403-443-5541 to report any issues.) 

How to Collect a Water Sample for Bacteria Testing

Understanding Your Drinking Water Bacteria Testing Results

Water sample bottle pick up & drop off locations for Central zone