Making a Payment

Kneehill County offers many convenient ways to pay your bills:

Online Banking

Pay your bills online through your Bank's website. 

You must add Kneehill County as a payee and choose:

  • Utilities- for Utility Bills. Use your eight-digit utility account number without the decimal point.
  • General- for General Invoices including Bulk Water. Use the six-character account number including letters.
    For Dust Control payments, use DUST001.
  • Taxes- for Tax Payments. Use your roll number, found on your Tax Notice, as the account number. PLEASE NOTE: Each Roll must be paid separately unless prior arrangements have been made with Kneehill County’s Taxation Department.


Credit Card

Kneehill County will now accept Visa and Mastercard for Utilities, Permits, Dust Control, and General payments.

(Sorry, Kneehill County DOES NOT accept credit card payments for Tax Purposes.)

In-Person at the County Office

Stop by the Administration Building (1600 2nd Street NE, Three Hills AB, T0M 2A0) to make a payment during business hours (Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm) or drop your payment off in our secure lock-box located at the front entrance.

Cheque through the Mail

Kneehill County
Box 400
Three Hills, Alberta T0M 2A0

Please make your cheque payable to Kneehill County. (For security reasons, please do not mail cash).

Automatic Payments

Pre-Authorized Debit- Utilities Only

The County Accepts pre-authorized debit payments for all bi-monthly utility bills. Please complete the Utility PAD Agreement and forward it to the Office for processing.

Tax Installment Payment Plan- Taxes Only  


TIPP is a plan by which taxpayers make consecutive monthly payments for taxes. Payments may only be made by automatic withdrawal from a bank account. The TIPP (Tax Instalment Payment Plan) program starts in January and runs through December for the current tax year. Property tax accounts on TIPPs and in good standing are exempt from penalty. All previous levies must be paid in full to begin the TIPP program. Payments are withdrawn from your account by direct debit at the end of every month. A person can join the plan at any time, provided that they pay their tax payments from January 1st to include the month in which they join.

New! Receive your bills through email!

Go paperless--Sign up to receive your Tax Notice, Utility Bill, and other invoices electronically.

E-Billing  Opens in new window