Kneehill County ROAD BANS effective Monday, March 15, 2021, at 7:00 am Local Time
PAVEMENT & CHIP SEAL:
- 75% - Airport Road (RR 23-4, from Hwy 583 South to Airport)
- 75% - Allingham Road (TWP 32-0, from intersection of Hwy 583 West to County border)
- 75% - Buffalo Jump Road (TWP 34-4, from Hwy 21 East to RR 22-0)
- 75% - Hastie/Gorr Road (RR 25-1, from Hwy 587 South to Hwy 583)
- 75% - Linden Home Road (RR 25-4, from TWP 30-4 North to TWP 31-0)
- 75% - PBI Road (RR 24-0, from Town of Three Hills North to TWP 32-2)
- 75% - Linden East (TWP 30-4, from Hwy 806 West to County Border)
- 75% - Linden West (TWP 30-4, from Village of Linden border East to Hwy 21)
Road Bans will be removed Friday, May 14, 2021, at 7:00 am.
Permitting Overweight Movement
Permitting any overweight movement on County roads handled by Roadata Services. www.roadata.com or 1-888-830-7623. Permitting for Provincial highways overweight/over-dimension loads through Alberta Infrastructure and Transportation.
Provincial Highway Bans
Effective March 8, 2021, at 1:00 pm: Alberta Transportation has issued a new Road Ban list for provincial roadways within municipal borders. View AB Transportation's Road Ban list.
Contact Alberta Transportation, or the Regional Transportation office in Hanna, AB, 403-845-5550 for more information. Please drive safely and obey traffic rules.
Provincial/Alberta Transportation Projects
Please note, the following are not Kneehill County roads. We are sharing the information on behalf of Alberta Transportation. Please visit www.transportation.alberta.ca or https://511.alberta.ca/ for more information.
Hwy 585- Pile Wall Construction (ALBERTA TRANSPORTATION)
Please be advised, Highway 585, between Highway 836 and Range Road 221A (near Tolman) will be CLOSED for pile wall construction from March 6 to March 22, 2021. Highway 27 via Highway 21 (from the west) or Highway 56 (from the east) is available as an alternate route. https://511.alberta.ca/
Hwy 575- Pile Wall Construction (ALBERTA TRANSPORTATION)
Please be advised of pile wall construction occurring on Highway 575 near Rge Rd 22-4, resulting in the closure of both lanes of the highway. A detour is in place to divert traffic around the site, and work is expected to continue until approx. March 10, 2021. https://511.alberta.ca/
HWY 27 (Red Deer River) Bridge Construction (ALBERTA TRANSPORTATION)
Demolition and replacement of the Morrin Bridge will be taking place starting on September 19, 2017. Traffic will continue on the existing bridge until the replacement bridge is complete. Expect delays.
For more information, visit www.transportation.alberta.ca