Kneehill County Council recognizes the importance of an educated population to the future and well-being of rural communities.
The scholarship program supports rural Kneehill County residents enrolled in university, college, or trade school.
Two (2) scholarships of $2000 each are awarded each year.
- Be a rural resident of Kneehill County.
- Be enrolled in their first year as a full-time student at a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Have graduated with an Alberta High School Diploma and have taken a minimum of 25 credits in their final school year.
The selection committee is made up of all current Kneehill County Councillors.
Scholarship recipients are chosen each year based on the following criteria:
- 20% - Academic Achievement
- 50% - Written Essay
- 30% - Letters of Reference and contributions to school or community; leadership activities and personal achievements.
Applications and more information
Submit your completed application to:
C/O Scholarship Program
PO BOX 400
Three Hills, AB, T0M 2A0
Or email your application.
Please direct all application inquiries to Carolyn Van der Kuil, at 403-443-5541.
Apply by Friday, June 30, 2023, at 4:30 PM.