Fire Prevention Week
In a fire, seconds count. Seconds can mean the difference between residents of our community escaping safely from a fire or having their lives end in tragedy.
That's why this year's Fire Prevention Week theme "Every Second Counts: Plan 2 Ways Out!" is so important. It reinforces why everyone needs to have an escape plan.
- Draw a map of your home using NFPA's grid will all members of your household, marking two exits from each room and a path to the outside from each exit.
- Practice your home fire drill twice a year. Conduct one at night and one during the day with everyone in your home, and practice using two different ways out.
- Teach children how to escape on their own in case you can't help them.
- Make sure the number of your home is clearly marked and easy for the fire department to find.
- Close doors behind you as you leave--this may slow the spread of smoke, heat and fire.
- Once you get outside, stay outside. Never go back inside a burning building.
Congratulations to our 2017 area firefighters for receiving their Exemplary Service Medals in recognition of 20 years of outstanding service from the Governer General of Canada!
Trochu Fire: Alan Adam (21 years.)
Trochu Fire: Ken Wohl (52 years--received his Third Bar representing 30 years following the 20-year medal.)
Trochu Fire: Richard Hoppins (21 years.)
Torrington Fire: Michael Bauer (24 years.)
Thank you for supporting our communities, and to your families for their support!
Three Hills Fire Department 2016
Kneehill County Fire Department 2016
Acme Fire Department 2016
Carbon Fire Department 2016
Linden Fire Department 2016
Trochu Fire Department 2016
Thank you to all the firefighters who serve the Kneehill County region!
Fire Training Structure
The Fire Training Structure has been installed at the Kneehill County Training Centre located at the Trochu Fire Hall. The structure was funded by the ACP Provincial grant program supporting regional initiatives, including fire services. The structure allows the
A regional fire mutual aid agreement is in place for fire services within Kneehill County (including Three Hills, Torrington, Trochu, Linden, Carbon, Acme). The agreement includes cost sharing, equipment
Fire Services Bylaw
If an emergency please dial, 9-1-1
Fire Department contact: Debra Grosfield 403.443.5541 (Messages will be relayed to the fire chiefs).